Monday, April 27, 2009

My favourite actor, Chew Chor Meng.

I am not the sort to follow drama serials (I usually watch a few episodes, skip to the last, if I like the ending then I watch the middle part bcoz why watch a lousy show right?). Unless of course the show have not been fully screened (I will then go buy the DVD if I really want to watch it, which is rare). So this accounts for the fact why I stopped at episode 6 of Rainie's new show, ToGetHer, although mysoju.com is now till episode 11 and everyone seems to adore it.



I don't know what happened really bcoz I used to be a huge couch potato just a couple of yrs ago. A TV junkie you call it? The type who wld would eat in front of the TV, brush teeth in front of the TV, watch TV before bathing, before homework and before abt everything else lah. :X

But frm back then till now, my whole family hv suddenly stopped watching television! Even though daddy subscribes to practically every single cable channel and I hv my own TV in my own room ALSO WITH CABLE!! In fact, we watch so infrequently tt the old (4 yrs only) plasma died frm under usage. Don't ask me how....... The buttons just froze due to inactivity I suppose? (-_-")

Even though mommy was pretty prompt in chucking the old one out and replacing it with a kick-ass new 52 inch high-definition Samsung and even splashed on a bunch of whole new all-surround sound speakers bcoz the v eloquent and bull-shitty sales promoter convinced her tt our old ones (also all-surround sound) is obsolete and more importantly, its silver and doesn't match the new black TV. Zzzz!

But still we don't watch TV! Nada!

So it amazes me tt I actually sat through 3 hrs of "Star Awards" last night when I knew nuts abt the shows tt were winning. Seriously, I caught like 3 episodes of the hyped up Nonya show? Yeah, ONLY 3 EPISODES! And tt was only coz I was at the cousin's place and they were hooked. So I seriously hv no idea who deserved to win or not. Only I don't like Jeanette Aw (but I must admit she really is pretty) so I was quite delighted she didn't win Best Actress. HAHAHA!

Anyway, the whole purpose of this entry is abt Chew Chor Meng. From since I could rmbr, he was my fav actor like forever?? I always wrote his name under "favorite actor" in those pri sch autograph books lor. I laughed when he was the comical Ah Bee in 敢敢做个开心人. I laughed again when he starred as Mr Kiasu. I was so used to seeing him young, energetic, cheerful and well, god damn funny.



So I was shocked when he stumbled on stage to claim the Best Supporting Actor prize last night. Partially limping, with a slight slur to his voice and with his facial expresssion down, I nearly cried. I mean I read he has gotten some muscular atrophy disease frm the newspapers like since last yr? But I just didn't expect it to be so obvious, so real, so in-my-face, painful.



He really deserves his award. Not for sympathy but for being strong and professional in wrapping up filming, for the courage to turn up at huge media events (like last night) even though his movements was already badly affecting him physically. In my opinion, he has just become an even greater role model and I believe this view is not just mine alone.

A few hrs ago I was having Sakae buffet with Ting and Cher. Naturally the conversation was brought to last night's show and Cher remarked: "If MediaCorp dared to beep 周初明 before he finish his speech, I confirm write in to shoot them!" Hahaha...

He said: "In the first half of my life, I've been leading a real fruitful one. I didn't have much experience in acting to start with and was not highly educated, but I was still able to make it big in my 10 years of showbiz career. Now that I'm into the second half of my life, I'm sure it will surpass the first, and this is no longer something that can be measured by the awards."

So touching, so positive, so brave!!!!!!!! :'( *feeling choked up again*

Dammit!!!! On a side note, The International was a good movie with a sucky ending. Very very very sucky ending. See!!!!! This is the reason why when I watch shows and read books, I go to the end first before I sit through the whole thing and end up disappointed and pissed off. Bahx!

But at least not the whole day was bad...



I got 2 new toys frm the kiap kiap machine. :)

You know there are 3 types of machines. The first 2 types commonly found in arcades are.........



2 plastic arms... Oldest type since my pri sch days..



The 3 flimsy long hook thingy usually used to catch bigger toys.

This 2 types hv pretty poor grips like 99.99% the toy even though caught will drop out when the claw retracts either bcoz 1) the toy is too heavy for the weak grip or 2) the claw shakes when it goes upwards, purposely dropping the toy. CHEAT!

But anyway, I loveee these machines and I hv no qualms abt pumping money to feed these rigged things bcoz the toy inside keep adorably calling out to me, "come Joy! Come catch me!" Darn it! Stupid cute things!



BUT out of the 6 toys I hv amassed over the past few mths, 4 was caught by this new net machine! Its a 100% track record. 4 times tried, 4 times caught. And even Darren caught 2 winnie the pooh in just 1 try!

This net has a metal chain below which closes when it goes up. However, even though the grip is still pretty shaky, nets hv holes!!! So the toy somehow always end up stuck. So viola~! I likeeeeee!!! :D



Me: Muahahaha! Fat bird, I want you, I got you!
Fat bird: Me is owl, me not fat bird!
Me: You are fat what!
Fat bird: Me is round. Round is a shape. Me is SHAPELY!
Me: Circle is a shape. Round is just... Round!
Fat bird: *runs under my chest of drawers wailing*

Wait, he got stuck so................



HAHA! FAT BIRD!

Okay, lame.. Good night to the few of you who still bother to read this blog. :)

P/S: Remind me to rescue the poor fat bird tmr! Muahahaaa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home